“The contents of a man’s wallet or the style of his suit do not define him as a gentleman. His manners and the essence of his character characterize him.
Good manners are always in fashion.
While each century has its own patterns and traits, courtesy is always valued in society, regardless of the period. They frequently determine whether a person succeeds or fails in life.
This emphasizes the significance of etiquette, a set of fundamental rules that regulate how a responsible person should conduct themselves in society.
A person with good manners respects everyone and builds strong bonds of trust, loyalty, courtesy, and responsibility with his partners, friends, parents, coworkers, and superiors.
The French term “estique,” which means to adhere or stick, is where the word “etiquette” originates. The criteria of conduct in accordance with societal norms are referred to as “etiquette” in the noun sense.
Find out more about: Drinking to Much Water Can Harm Your Health ? – Here is The Truth
According to legend, the gardener of King Louis XIV at Versailles put up signs, or “etiquets,” to warn noblemen to stay away from the grass after noticing that they were trampleing his flowers to death by wandering through the garden.
However, they disregarded his warnings, and eventually the monarch himself had to demand that no one was to cross the line that the gardener had marked.
The word’s definition changed over time to encompass various standards of behavior before arriving at the definition we use today. The Merriam-Webster website gives the brief definition as “the rules defining the right and polite manner to act.”
Being cordial and polite in social, professional, and family settings is the basis of excellent etiquette.
A man with good manners makes an impact wherever he goes because he knows how to act in every circumstance.
So, here are some guidelines that every man should abide by:
- Greet everyone when entering a room, regardless of your social status.
- Greet people back when they greet you, even if you don’t know them.
- Always arrive on time
- Pull out a lady’s chair for her
- When going towards your seat in the theatre or at the cinema, face the people you pass on your way.
- Leave the bottom button of the suit jacket unbuttoned
- Never talk or laugh loudly and do not stare at people.
- Thank people for helping you.
- Men should carry a lady’s coat to the cloakroom, but not her purse.
- When you’re out with friends, family or a partner, stop checking the phone for new calls, messages, or notifications from social media, as it is extremely rude and means you are bored and not interested in what the other has to say
- Don’t ask someone out if you plan to spend the rest of the evening texting.
- Well-mannered men respect all women.
- When on a date, answer the phone only when it is urgent.
- If your apology has been accepted, never repeat the same mistake again.
- You should keep the following things to yourself: age, honor, affairs, religion, wealth, medical problems, family problems, and disgrace.
After reading this text you can also read about: How to Make Chai Tea to Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion