Both in kids and adults, a cough can be quite uncomfortable, persistent, and stay for a very long period. Children most frequently eat natural plant-based syrups, however even if the label states that all components are natural, there is always at least one ingredient that is unidentified.
The homemade cough syrup with natural ingredients that are present in almost every home is the best. It can be made in the shortest amount of time and with the least amount of effort. Honey, dried sage, and lemon juice make up the bulk of the mixture.
Because sage has antibacterial characteristics, this syrup not only helps with sore throat and chronic cough, but it also functions as an antipyretic.
One of the most therapeutic plants on the earth is sage. Salvia officinalis is its scientific name. The word “salvare,” which means “save” or “heal,” is the name’s root.
Sage is undoubtedly one of the herbs that every household should keep on hand as part of their first aid supply. It possesses antifungal and antibacterial properties. It calms, revives, energises, and aids in the relief of pain and heat.
This plant works wonders at clearing the body’s mucous and filtering the blood. It improves cardiovascular health, boosts circulation, and fights bleeding and inflammation.
Find out more about: What Happens To Our Body When We Lose Weight?
Sage is helpful in the fight against diabetes because studies have shown that it can lower blood glucose levels. Sage has recently been demonstrated to boost memory and fight Alzheimer’s disease.
It is used to treat canker sores, foul breath, sore throat and tonsil issues, tooth decay, and inflamed gums due to its potent antiseptic properties. If you have any of these issues, gargle with sage tea.
- 7 oz / 200 grams of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
Method of Preparation:
- Mix all of the ingredients and put them over water vapor.
- Fill the bottom pot with water and then place another pot in it filled with the mixture.
- Cover the upper pot with a lid or dish.
- Do not put away the pot from the fire after the water in the lower pot starts to boil. Instead, let it boil for another 5 minutes.
- This amount of time will be just enough for the mixture in the upper pot to be well warmed up.
- Remove the mixture away from the fire and wrap it in something warm for 20 minutes or store it in a thermos for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into a clean glass bottle or bowl.
How To Use it:
Three to four times a day, children should take one teaspoon of this syrup. Three to four times a day, adults should take 1 spoonful of the syrup.
The syrup keeps well in the fridge for several months. As a result, you can create more of this medication without being concerned that it would spoil.
This syrup has a delicious flavor and is both healthy and useful. It is worth a shot!
After reading this text you can also read about: How To Make Kale Chips at Home – The Healthiest Snack