Would you say ‘no’ to a great, big, creamy slice of chocolate cake?
It tastes more like a slice of heaven melting in your lips, and the sweetness delights the taste buds. However, if you are on a tight diet, chocolate cake is the last thing you would ever eat.
Of course, this is only a theory; reality is quite different. The majority of (chocolate) cake recipes contain a lot of gluten, dairy, and sugar.
If you’re looking for a healthy chocolate cake recipe to go with your healthy quinoa salad, we’ve found the right ingredient combination for you.
Eating healthy does not require you to forego your favourite desserts and treats.
By substituting all of the processed ingredients and additives with healthier alternatives, you can quickly change your favourite cake recipe into a healthy delicacy. We provide one of the most incredible quilt-free cake recipes.
Use gluten-free flour if gluten isn’t your best buddy. This manner, your cake will retain its original flavour. Because our recipe does not contain dairy, you are almost immune to sugar crashes, cramps, and bloating. What more could you want?
Have fun preparing our gluten-free chocolate recipe and enjoy our special chocolate frosting!
The ingredients you need will give you about 8 servings.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic coffee
- Chocolate frosting
- The first thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take two 9-inch cake pans. Butter and flour them well.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl aside.
- Stir in your coconut milk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract. You should get a homogenous mixture.
- Pour in a cup of coffee, and stir again.
- Distribute the batter in both cake pans. Bake your cakes for 30-35 minutes. That is just enough for the cakes to be completely cooked through.
- Take the pans out of the oven, and let the cakes cool completely.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly over one of your cakes, and stack the other. Spread another frosting layer and serve your amazing chocolate cake.
Chocolate frosting recipe
- The ingredients you need will make for 12 servings.
- Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened (use vegan butter if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined and perfectly smooth. Use a whisk or hand held power blender.
After reading this text you can also read about: This Drink Will Unclog Arteries And Protects Against Heart Diseases