A nasal blockage, which frequently results from the large amount of mucus accumulated in the lungs, is the cause of breathing difficulties and coughs. Untreated, they can lead to more serious health problems.
Phlegm is produced by our body as a defense against allergens, dust, and viruses; however, it thickens in the presence of allergens and viruses to trap unwanted things. However, if it builds up too much, it can cause lung infections as well as bronchial problems.
There are, however, natural ways to open up the airways and get rid of extra phlegm from the body:
Garlic – It strengthens the immune system, has potent antiseptic effects, and kills bacteria. You can consume it uncooked or gargle with warm water and garlic oil.
Breathing is made easier and upper respiratory infections are treated by eucalyptus tea or oil’s antiseptic properties. It should be boiled with some water, steeped, and then sipped all day.
Find out more about: Coconut Banana Muffins Without Gluten Are Moist, Simple To Make, And Contain No Added Sugar!
Lemon and Honey – In a bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Take 3 times each day. This concoction boosts immunity, guards against infections, and soothes coughs.
Turmeric – It has powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which boost immunity, treat infections, and clear excess mucus.
Ginger tea- It is a potent decongestant, with strong antiviral and expectorant properties, which relieve respiratory infections. Slice the fresh ginger root, boil it in 2 cups of water, and sweeten with honey.
Peppermint oil- It is a potent decongestant, that clears up respiratory infections. You can also prepare peppermint tea by boiling fresh peppermint leaves in a cup of water, sweeten with honey, and steep it for a few minutes.
Therefore, next time you are stuck with a cough or you suffer from some kind of respiratory issue, try some of these successful natural ways to treat them.
Additionally, the following tips will also help you eliminate excess phlegm and mucus:
- Steam inhalation is one of the most effective ways to eliminate excess mucus from your nose, throat, chest, and lungs, treat infections, and soothe irritations
- Keep the air moist, as dry air irritates the throat and nose
- Drink plenty of fluids, to keep the body hydrated in order to thin mucus
- Use a saline nasal spray or rinse, to clear out mucus and allergens from the nose and sinuses
- Gargle with salt water to soothe the irritated throat and clear away residual mucus
- Add eucalyptus products to a diffuser or a warm bath to help clear the nose
- Apply a warm, wet washcloth to the face, and inhale through it to return moisture to the nose and throat, while the heat will relieve pain and pressure
- You should not suppress the cough, as it is the natural way of the body to eliminate secretions out of the lungs and throat
- Keep the head elevated to reduce the discomfort
- Avoid smoking and secondhand smoke
After reading this text you can also read about: Recipe for Fluffy Garlic Cauliflower Mash “Potato” Cakes