Everyone enjoys the summer and the nice weather, as well as the beach, light clothing, cocktails, backyard barbecues, splash pads, and so on. Well, almost everyone, since I’m willing to wager that we all detest mosquito bites.
These insects can ruin a wonderful day at the beach or by the pool, but it seems that not everyone attracts them to the same degree.
Here are a few explanations if you are a real mosquito magnet and constantly get stung when you go outside:
- Mosquitoes are attracted by the smell of sweat, so make sure you shower regularly and remember not to use too many sweet-smelling soaps or perfumes
- If you are athletic, your body produces more lactic acid, which attracts mosquitoes
- They are interested in bright and darkly colored clothes
- Type O blood is twice more attractive to mosquitoes than any other blood type
- Alcohol increases the CO2 output, which attracts mosquitoes, and they are simply in love with beer
- Pregnant women emit higher levels of CO2 which is attractive to mosquitoes
Fortunately, there are effective ways to keep mosquitoes away:
Find out more about: How Salt Lamps Enhance Sleep Cycles, Air Quality, And Mental Clarity
- Keep your grass in the yard properly trimmed and rid it of stagnant water
- Increase the intake of onions, garlic, and chili peppers
- Avoid going to places they like, like wind-less forests, tall grass, and stagnant water
- Shower often to reduce the smell of sweat they adore
- Wear thicker, lighter clothes
- Use bug repellents or make your own by mixing lemon, lemongrass, and eucalyptus oils
But occasionally it’s practically impossible to escape without getting stung at least once. No matter what you do, a mosquito will find you, therefore keep in mind not to scratch the bite. Try to resist the impulse to scratch the bites because doing so will make them itch even more and appear much worse.
Simply spray some anti-itch or bug repellent on the area where you were bitten by a mosquito to make it go away immediately. Using a meat tenderizer or rubbing a banana peel on the bite are two great natural ways to relieve mosquito itch.
Since the enzymes in one’s own spit block the mosquito’s injected enzymes, several people claim that applying it to the region helped to relieve the itching.