The only method to properly lose weight and keep it off is to reduce your caloric intake and burn more calories than you ingest. It’s as simple as that; but, while this weight loss equation may appear straightforward, it can be much more difficult than it appears.
It appears that low-calorie foods either don’t provide enough nutrients or don’t full you up; as a result, you wind up reaching for higher-calorie items than you’d want since you can’t seem to satisfy your hunger sensations.
Find out more about: Vitamin K2: The Missing Link Between Diet, Disease and Death
You don’t have to reach for those calorie-laden meals any longer. Here are 15 foods that are high in nutrients while being low in calories.
- Asparagus – You may have disliked it as a child, but give it another shot now that you’re an adult. Because your taste buds change, you’ll probably appreciate the flavor, and this nutrient-dense veggie on just has 27 calories per cup!
- Brussel Sprouts – With only 38 calories per serving, phytonutrients, and fiber, you can eat a lot of Brussel Sprouts without feeling guilty.
- Arugula – This may be a food that you haven’t given much thought to before, but it is one that you should. Arugula has a lot of taste and nutrients in a small amount of calories. This peppery-tasting leafy green has only 4 calories per cup and is high in potassium, fiber, and vitamins.
- Broccoli – When your mother told you to eat your broccoli, she understood exactly what she was talking about. This vegetable is extremely healthy, with only 31 calories per cup and a plethora of nutrients.
- Cauliflower – This cruciferous veggie is high in cancer-fighting minerals and vitamins, as well as being satisfying and low in calories.
- Cabbage – It offers only 22 calories per cup, cancer-fighting minerals, plenty of vitamins, and it’s delicious and crispy.
- Lettuce – Any form of leafy green lettuce will fill you up without making you gain weight. With only 5 calories per cup and a ton of nutrients, this is a food you’ll want to eat more of.
- Beets – They’re delicious, they’re healthy, they’re low in calories AND they’re beautiful. Beets have just 37 calories per ½ cup serving.
- Coffee – Pour yourself a cup of coffee (or two or three). Coffee has no calories, but it includes several antioxidants that can help prevent cancer, diabetes, and even Parkinson’s disease.
- Grapefruit – With only 39 calories per half, this diet-friendly fruit actually helps you burn calories! It also contains a lot of beneficial elements.
- Mushrooms – Delicious, filling, and excellent with nearly anything, mushrooms are low in calories and high in nutrients.
- Tomatoes – With 22 calories per medium-sized tomato and lycopene, tomatoes are an excellent choice.
Watercress is refreshing, flavorful, and only 4 calories per cup.
- Lemons – With only 20 calories per lemon and a high vitamin C content, this is an excellent diet snack.
- Kale – More than simply a garnish, kale is high in nutrients and has only 5 calories per cup.
After reading this text you can also read about: Avoid These 4 Foods to Reduce Mucus