While we all have headaches occasionally, anxiety is the third most prevalent mental health condition worldwide and poses a severe health risk. Fortunately, making lavender lemonade is a powerful method for treating many health problems without using medicine.
Lavender oil has significant therapeutic benefits as well as a calming scent. Although it has a highly complex structure with more than 150 active ingredients, it is one of the most mild essential oils.
Numerous health advantages are provided by its potent anti-inflammatory, sedative, analgesic, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, detoxifier, and hypotensive qualities.
Lavender aromatherapy has been reported to be more calming than a massage in hospital settings and to lessen pre-surgery anxiety. Additionally, lavender oil relieves anxiety and lowers pulse rates in nursing students taking difficult assessments, according to Florida researchers’ findings.
Find out more about: Napping can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More!
This essential oil is very useful for pain, headaches, hangovers, and sinus congestion. It also efficiently relieves depression, labor pain, and sleeplessness.
“Olfactory administration of lavender has been the subject of a lot of earlier research. Lavender’s olfactory anxiolytic properties have been proven in a number of small and medium-sized clinical investigations. It is believed that the psychological impacts of the scent in addition to the physiological effects of volatile oils in the limbic system are what make lavender aromatherapy effective.
Traditional uses of lavender include lowering anxiety and elevating mood.
Here are some examples of how lavender aromatherapy has been shown to improve health in various ways, according to the results of clinical trials:
- Lavender aromatherapy reduces the perception of pain and the need for conventional analgesics in adults and children.
- Dunn and colleagues confirmed the anxiolytic activity of lavender oil aromatherapy in patients in intensive care units, who received at least 1 session of aromatherapy with 1% lavender essential oil.
- Alaoui-Ismaili and colleagues showed that the aroma of lavender is correlated with changes in the autonomic nervous system.
- Lewith and colleagues showed that lavender aromatherapy improved mood and reduced anxiety in female patients being treated with chronic hemodialysis.
- The study conducted by Tysoe and colleagues of lavender oil in burner showed that it improved the work environment in the hospital.
- Diego and colleagues found that lavender oil (10%) relaxed participants, improved their mood, decreased anxiety, boosted scores of alpha power on EEG (an indicator of alertness), and an increased speed of mathematical calculations.
To relieve dry skin and calm the body, add 5–6 drops of this essential oil to your bathwater. Diffuse 10 to 12 drops of lavender oil in the air to reduce tension naturally. To enhance sleep, unwind, and ward off insects, add a few drops to some organic oil and use the resulting concoction as a body oil.
Lemons, on the other hand, are among the planet’s most nutrient-dense fruits and have a wide range of therapeutic benefits. Despite all of them, lemons can be used as a natural pain reliever and migraine preventative.
In addition, lemon’s high potassium content aids in the proper functioning of the nervous system, and low potassium levels in the blood sometimes contribute to anxiety and depression. For the heart to receive steady messages, our neurological system needs enough potassium in the body.
Here’s how to make a delightful beverage that will relieve tension and headaches by combining lavender and lemons:
Lavender Lemonade- recipe
- 1/4 cup dried lavender. dried, organic culinary lavender
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
- 1 cup raw honey
- 5 cups pure water
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
Honey and dried lavender are added to a pan of 12 liter of boiling water before it is turned off the heat. After simmering for 20 minutes, strain it, add the remaining water and lemon juice, and then serve.