If you are sleepy after eating, you have a desire for mild and excess weight in the waist area, these are just some of the indicators that diabetes knocks at your door.
Diabetes is a tricky sickness of present day times, which is to a great extent bended and malnourished. When it occurs, diabetes can’t be relieved, however it very well may be monitored. It is in our capacity to perceive in time the indications of pre-diabetes, a state of raised glucose, which can’t yet be called diabetes, and which has been progressively developing for 10 years or more.
At this stage of the disease sugar can be controlled by changing the diet, but it is crucial that the pre-diabetes phase is timely recognized, which is often not easy because the symptoms are hidden and even completely absent. So specialists prescribe estimating blood glucose levels and the individuals who think they are healthy and have no uncertainty about diabetes. Estimation of glucose is particularly suggested for individuals more than 45 years old, individuals overweight and each one of the individuals who have hazard factors for diabetes.
Find out more about: The Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes
Signs that indicate pre-diabetes
Although considered a “silent killer” because there are no obvious symptoms, there are signs that can help you “diagnose” the problem and then seek the advice of an expert to prevent more serious health consequences. These are the following signals:
- Sleepiness after a meal – It is normal to fall asleep after a heavy meat and fat meal, however in the event that you see this occurrence frequently or normally, it would not be bad to go to a doctor and start measuring your blood sugar levels.
- Craving for sweets and other simple carbohydrates – can be a result of habit but also a potential development of diabetes.
- Overweight and obesity – obesity is a risk factor for diabetes, so it can be said that all overweight people are in the stage of pre-diabetes. Weight reduction through appropriate food and physical action is a significant advance in the avoidance of diabetes.
- Waist Fat – Obesity is risky regardless, however on the off chance that you are overweight in the midsection zone you have an expanded danger of cardiovascular ailment and diabetes.
- Elevated Blood Pressure – If you have elevated cholesterol, triglycerides, and circulatory strain notwithstanding corpulence, you have a high shot of creating diabetes. Proper diet is the solution to these problems too, so be sure to consult a dietitian or nutritionist.
Choose low and medium glycemic index foods
The Glycemic Index demonstrates the rate at which sugars from nourishment raise blood glucose levels, from one (slowest) to 100 (quickest), which feeds on unadulterated glucose.
And perfectly healthy people, and especially those at increased risk of developing diabetes, should avoid foods high in glycemic index: sweets, white flour, white pasta and bread, potatoes, fried foods, industrial groceries, added corn and glucose products. syrup, marmalade, canned fruit.
Inclination ought to be given to medium and low glycemic index foods. Medium glycemic list foods are: wholemeal rice and other whole grains, so do wholemeal flour and their products, banat, unripe banana, apple juice and sugar-free pineapple.
Low glycemic record has apples, pears, new figs, almonds, almonds, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, new carrots, lentils, chickpeas, tomatoes.