Avocados are botanically a huge berry that grows on a 6 foot tall tree and, like bananas, ripens 1-2 weeks after being picked. This fruit belongs to the same family as camphor and cinnamon.
The avocado’s earliest evidence was discovered in a cave in Puebla, Mexico, and dates back to roughly 10,000 B.C. Avocados are frequently touted to as the world’s healthiest food due to their high nutritional value.
These amazing fruits are of great help in numerous health conditions, since they contain the following vitamins, minerals and important nutrients and:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B9
- Potassium (An avocado contains more potassium than a banana, as it contains 14% and a banana contains 10% potassium)
Therefore, they can be extremely helpful in various health conditions:
- Avocados contain glutathione, an antioxidant that protects against heart disease, cancer, and premature ageing.
- They increase our body’s absorption of carotenoids (lycopene and beta-carotene) by 5 times.
- These incredible fruits are strong in beta-sitosterol and can cut bad cholesterol by 22% while increasing good cholesterol by 11%. It also reduces blood triglycerides by 20%.
- They contain 23% folate, which reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke. They also include vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, and glutathione, all of which are beneficial to the heart. Folate is also necessary for the prevention of birth malformations such spina bifida and neural tube defects.
- Avocados cleanse the intestines, which helps to eliminate bad breath.
- Avocado polyphenols and flavonoids have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Avocados contain glutathione, which fights free radicals.
- Our blood and cells transport oxygen throughout our bodies, and when we are exposed to environmental pollution, the oxygen in our mitochondria is converted into free radicals, which destroys our cells and DNA and causes chronic illnesses. According to research undertaken by the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, glutathione found in avocados can be absorbed into our mitochondria and then used to neutralise free radicals.
- According to studies, high oleic acid prevents breast cancer, reduces tumour growth in prostate cancer, and searches out and eliminates precancerous and oral cancer cells.
- Avocado extract combined with soybean oil has been shown to alleviate arthritic symptoms.
- Avocado oil nourishes the skin and is an effective treatment for psoriasis and other skin irritations.
- Avocados can aid in weight loss since they are high in fibre and keep you feeling fuller for longer. High fibre diets promote metabolic health and blood sugar stability.
After reading this text you can also read about: Drink A Banana-Cinnamon Beverage An Hour Before Going To Bed And See What Happens! Incredible