Calcium is one of the most important minerals needed by the body. It helps build and maintain bones, nails and teeth, and also helps vascular contraction and muscle functions. Usually we get calcium through the milk – in a cup we have 300 mg of calcium.
The recommended daily dose of the mineral for people between the ages of 19 and 50 is 1000 mg. It could be easily purchased with the help of milk and other dairy products, but not for vegans who do not consume any animal foods.
How to get the required amount of calcium, without disturbing their way of life? The answer lies in the following food and drinks:
- Cabbage – 1 cup of cabbage contains 90 mg calcium
- Orange – 1 orange has 60 mg of calcium
- Soy milk – Just like animal contains 300 mg calcium in one cup
- Mash – not only is rich in fiber and is dietary, but also rich in calcium (in 30 g has 280 mg of calcium)
- Soybean – in 1 cup has 261 mg
- Almonds – in 30 grams has 80 mg of calcium
- Soy yogurt – with a 250 g glass you can buy almost half a daily intake of calcium, namely 415 mg
- Broccoli – 1 cup = 180 mg calcium
- Spinach (cooked) – 1 cup contains 250 mg of calcium