Although the Himalayan salt has existed for centuries, it has recently been celebrated worldwide. Currently used as a regular spice in the diet, as part of spa treatments and even in home decor items (such as salt lamps!) Most of the salt found in supermarkets comes from the Punjab region of Pakistan, at the bottom on the Himalayan mountains, where it has saline areas for about 200 million years. Natural salt has a characteristically pink color due to certain minerals, such as magnesium, potassium and iron.
What are the Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt?
Contingent upon how it is utilized, Himalayan salt can help with numerous medical issues, from respiratory conditions, for example, hypersensitivities and asthma, to improved course, to calm skin aggravation and to soothe pressure and worry in your body. It is also recommended over cooked or sea salt because it has less sodium.
How to make a homemade bath with Himalayan salt?
To calm your feet, apply about 20 grams of Himalayan salt to every 4 liters of water. Soak tired feet for instant relaxation and softening of the skin.
To make a body scrub, all you have to do is mix 60 ml of olive oil with 270 grams of Himalayan salt and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix well and after that back rub the skin in little, roundabout developments, concentrating on the regions that look drier, for example, the elbows, knees and feet.
The best way to use Himalayan salt is in the bathroom! Not only does salt have microbial constituents (which can be helpful for acne on the body), it can also reduce irritation and inflammation. Let’s not forget about the fact that it will relax your whole body when you immerse it in warm, salty water. So how do you prepare a Himalayan bath at home?
First, make sure you wash your body thoroughly before entering the bathtub. Make sure there are no shampoo residues, body lotions or perfume. That way you will get the most out of the experience. After showering, it’s time to prepare your bath, and here’s how to do it step by step:
- Fill the tub with warm (not hot) water. The water needs to be slightly above body temperature to be comfortable.
- Pour slowly the Himalayan salt, spoonful per tablespoon. Depending on the size of the bath, 2 to 3 tablespoons will suffice. Allow the salt to melt completely before entering.
- Release your favorite music playlist and lie down in the bathtub. Make sure you get rid of any thoughts for the next 30 minutes. It is good to have a glass of water nearby to keep you hydrated during the bath.
- Slowly exit the bathroom and touch the skin with a gentle towel. Then drink some more water and go to bed.
- Lastly, it is good to keep this in mind. The bath with Himalayan salt is extremely relaxing but at the same time intense so do not practice for more than 1-2 weeks.