The arugula or rocket is a shining addition to many dishes. We are sure that you are more often reading about the rucks and dishes that are served with this unusual leafy vegetables.
The most famous is, obviously, the pizza with the arugula that vanquished the world with its incredible taste. But why is this plant so popular and why many consider it one of the best foods?
Likewise, read 7 reasons that will best clarify this:
- In ancient Rome, the arugula were considered a powerful aphrodisiac.
- The arugula is prescribed to pregnant ladies, yet in addition to babies since it builds lactation.
- This plant strengthens the immune system and bones.
- Аrugula prevents cancer, fortified veins, and brings down blood cholesterol.
- Regular consumption of arugula normalizes metabolic processes in the body, improves digestion and strengthens the nervous system.
- The arugula is vital for individuals experiencing a ulcer of the stomach or gastritis. It also protects and strengthens the walls of the stomach.
- The arugula contains just 25 calories for each 100 grams, which is why they consume a large number of athletes.
What you must know about the arugula is that the bitterness of the leaves increases with their age, so it is best to consume young leaves.