Throughout the years numerous solid and well known cooking oils showed up, which turned out to be extremely confounding to pick the correct one.
What stayed unaltered is the healthy benefit of olive oil, and now it gets another “companion” that ought to be found on your racks in the kitchen.
It is a pumpkin seed oil, which is, other than being therapeudic and fragrant, super-nutritious since it is brimming with minerals, nutrients, proteins and unsaturated fats.
Of course, the best quality is cold dried and should be consumed as an additive in food, without its heat treatment.
- This oil is rich in oleic acid, which lowers bad cholesterol.
- It is wealthy in nutrients D, E and K, with magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, zinc and selenium.
- Because of the glutamic acid it contains, it can be said that pumpkin seed oil is a natural antidepressant.
- It has a diuretic effect and improves the work of the entire urinary system.
- It improves the work of the digestive system and cleanses the intestines.
- This oil has a cosmetic application. You can use it to care for the root of the hair. Massage the skin on the head with fingers immersed in oil from pumpkin seeds.
- Due to its taste, it adds a new dimension to aromas in salads, sauces, cooked or baked vegetables, meat, but also in certain types of cakes, such as domestic vanilla.