Mouth ulcers are a common problem, but they are exceedingly uncomfortable and cause a lot of pain and discomfort.
They are white with an inflamed red border and are typically found on the lips, cheeks, the bottom of the oral cavity, or under the tongue. Mouth ulcers are typically caused by a variety of factors and can be classified into two types:
Minor ulcers (aphthous stomatitis) are the most prevalent kind and account for 80% of all occurrences. Their recovery time is usually 7 to 10 days.
In 10% of cases of aphthous stomatitis, major or massive ulcers develop. These are referred to as significant aphthous ulceration. In most cases, they mix with neighbouring ulcers to form a larger one, causing excruciating discomfort.
Find out more about: Don’t Ever Use Turmeric If You’re on Any of The Following Medications
These ulcers are likewise exceedingly painful and are caused by a herpes simplex infection. They regularly return in this scenario, and women are more prone to them. They frequently appear in groups of 100 tiny, painful ulcers.
These are the most common causes of mouth ulceration:
- Unhygienic dental conditions
- Food allergies
- Accidental bites in the mouth and the cheek
- Herpes simplex infections
- Deficiencies in important nutrients, like iron, vitamin B12, Vitamin C
- Hormonal imbalance
- Skin disease
- Some disease in the bowels
- Underlying disease conditions
Mouth ulcers and canker sores, fortunately, can be cured organically. The following are the most effective natural remedies:
- Gargle alternatively with a glass of cold water and a glass of lukewarm water.
- Coconut milk is an excellent remedy. You should extract the milk by grating fresh coconut, and gargle for 3-5 times daily.
- In a cup of water, add 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds and boil. Gargle while it is still a bit warm, 3-4 times daily.
- Aloe Vera provides efficient effects in this case. You should take 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel 3 times a day.
- Boil a cup of fenugreek leaves in two cups of water. Strain, cover, and gargle with it 2-3 times a day.
- You can prepare a salt water mouthwash by dissolving ½ teaspoon salt in one cup of water. Swish it for half an hour, and spit it out.
- Moreover, for even better results, use this solution to gargle.
- Boil coriander leaves in water, allow the water to cool, and gargle lukewarm water 3-4 times daily.
- Chew 5-6 holy basil leaves and drink some water. Repeat this method 5-6 times during the day.
- Eat raw tomatoes whenever you suffer from mouth ulcers, or you can gargle with tomato juice 3-4 times on a daily basis.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and 1/4 teaspoon turmeric to prepare a paste, and rub it on the painful spot.
- Use cranberry juice to treat mouth ulcers. Just hold it in the mouth for some time.
- Mix one part of camphor and 7 parts of sugar candy and apply their mixture on the blister. This will provide quick results.
- Get rid of the mouth ulcers by chewing 5 – 6 basil leaves with some water. Repeat 5-6 times daily.
- Mix a pinch of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of glycerin and apply it on the affected area.
- Use plain yogurt to treat canker sores.
- You should eat a banana with curd on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Mix honey and coconut oil and massage the gums.
- You can prepare a paste of Indian gooseberry and apply it on the affected area. Repeat 2-3 times during the day.
- You can prepare a homemade antiseptic mouthwash by mixing 10 drops of tea tree oil in 1/3 cup of water, and swish it for half a minute, and spit it out. This will treat the infection and alleviate the pain.
- You can eliminate mouth ulcers using bicarbonate of soda.
- In order to get rid of the mouth ulcers, you should consume raw salads, rich in onions.
- In order to soothe the redness and treat the inflammation, you should dab 2 drops of tea tree oil directly on the affected area.
- Drink a cup of cranberry juice with every meal
- Brush your teeth with a soft brush in the morning and before going to sleep
- Consume comforting foods like ice- cream, yogurt, and custard, as well as relaxing foods such as mixed cool fruits custard, to treat burning ulcers
- Avoid hard foods and drinks like tea and coffee
- Avoid addictive foods and drinks, like alcohol, as well as tobacco
- Avoid hot and spicy foods
- When you are drinking cold drinks or water, make sure you use a straw
These tips and natural remedies will help you efficiently treat mouth ulcers in a simple, safe and quick manner.
After reading this text you can also read about: Why You Could Eat This “Super Seed” And Nothing Else… And Still Be Completely Healthy