Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, which is surely proof of its fabulous potential and its health benefits. From disease prevention to general calmness, yoga does it all.
If you haven’t tried it yet, you still have time to benefit from this non-exhausting form of exercising the body, mind and spirit, as soon as you find a type of yoga that will suit your rhythm perfectly, because there are many to choose from.
Here you will find a few facts about this wonderful practice called yoga:
- Yoga, in many people’s thoughts, consists in gymnast poses. There’s nothing more wrong. Actually, the poses can be done by anyone, no matter what age or physical stage they are in. Asanas, as they are called, stretch your muscles safely, which brings you relief from pain, fatigue and assure joint lubrication.
- Ashanta or power yoga and lyengar require more energy than other types. Even though these are most likely to build your muscle tone more rapidly, all types of yoga increase muscle strength and endurance, slow but steady.
- Mostly everyone who practices yoga notices an improvement in their concentration skills. Furthermore, it seems to give a mood boost both because of the fact that exercise releases endorphins and because the breathing exercises increase the oxygen level of the brain.
- It is, without doubt, calming. Moreover, it has a major influence on relieving stress and not only short term, but for a long period of stress-free time so you can enjoy life once again.
- It lowers blood pressure and heart rate, therefore it has a role in heart disease and stroke prevention. Recently it has been associated with the property of lowering cholesterol levels as well.